Saturday, June 11, 2011

She got sick, I have no post for 2 days and a quote to share

Little Spanish Pinay had fever for 2 days.  Luckily, both hubby and I were on leave so we were still able to rest during the day after 2 sleepless nights.  Fortunately as well, LSP has already recovered and is back to her dancing and head banging with her favorite songs.

So then that explains the little activities I have in my blog and at the same time, little time blog hopping and commenting on my favorite blogs.  I am still able to read from time to time, thanks to mobile phone.  

Anyways, I'd like to leave something here that may be an inspiration for moms especially those who practice co-sleeping.   This is one of my favorite quotes from a spanish essayist, poet, novelist, playwright and philosopher - Miguel de Unamuno.  I found this quote from a book I've been reading by Carlos Gonzalez - A famous Spanish pediatrician, big advocate of natural parenting based on love and respect or commonly known as attachment parenting.

Cuando duerme una madre junto al niño, duerme el niño dos veces.

This is translated in english as:

When a mother sleeps together with the child, the child sleeps twice.

And to have a little laugh, here's a picture of Little Spanish Pinay with her crazy position while nursing AND sleeping.




Enjoy the weekend, y'all!

8 comments:

  1. LOL, so Mama gets no sleep then? I am glad to hear she is feeling better. Don't you miss those little things she does so routinely when she is sick? Little Bit just looks pitiful when he feels bad. His poor eyes are red and he just sits around which is very un-Little Bit. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know Little Spanish Pinay's okay now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that she recovered quickly. Having your kid is is really a parental nightmare. Hugs to your girl;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great quote! I co-sleep with my little one :) Glad your girl is well again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amy - yeah, mama gets no sleep.. she prefers to take a night vigil while Little one is sick... kinda paranoid :-O and yes, when they don't do what they do routinely, it's a clear indication they are really feeling bad. Have a blessed weekend too! :)

    @Nuna - Thanks, sis!

    @Jho - Thanks. I'm really thankful she recovered fast.

    @Alison - Thanks! Enjoy co-sleeping! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God your little one is okay now! Ang hirap pag ang bata ang nagkasakit. I love the pic! nakadagan talaga sayo. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...