Summer has really landed and it's here to stay, at least for 3 months hah! We couldn't pass the chance of really enjoying the beach over the weekend as it was 35ºC and we've been really crazy for Little Spanish Pinay to play in the beach not only in the sand but also in the water. So we packed our beachy things on our beachy bags and off we went!
This is Little Spanish Pinay's official beach experience - ya know, beach bumming on swim suits, getting wet and spending hours and hours in the beach.
tongue out is part of the concentration
if you can just hear the squeals!
She loves the sand so much she didn't mind getting half-buried in it
I'd love to put more pictures but I'll stop here :)
I hate it when I leave the house and no matter how much I try to think about the things I need to bring, I'd always, always forget at least one thing. I've always been like that and lately, it's even getting worse. This time, I was able to pack all the important things to bring to the beach especially for a baby and protection against the harmful rays of the sun is a must. But the most basic of them all was left behind. Wipes! How can it even left LSP's diaper bag. Beats me.
And since this is our first time to go to the beach with a baby, I'd like to share some tips on things to take note (taught by Prof. Experience :-D)
- Bring sun protection especially for babies/toddlers. High SPF is a must. Consider 50+ and consider the one that is in spray form. Toddlers would normally hate having someone smear them with lotion or anything in that form so they'd wiggle or run away. If you have a spray sun protection, it's easier to run after them and just spray it on them... it can even be a fun game!
- Have a special cream protection for the face of the toddler. There are creams special for the face and they are also SPF 50. The face, especially the nose, the cheekbones and the forehead are very sensitive and can easily get irritated with the sun's harmful rays. Applying cream on the face of a toddler can be a challenge. I don't have a special trick to this except give the toddler something to get busy with or have someone do a silly dance in front of the toddler.
- Thermal water spray. It's really a thirst quencher for drying skin due to the sea and the sun. I love this.
- Beach umbrella can be handy. Sometimes the sun can be really unforgiving and sitting down under a shade is a good breather. It's also nice to sit down under the shade with a tired toddler from all the running, squealing and running and throwing water to people.
- Snack. I learned not to give LSP`something to eat on her own while we are in the beach. She can never have clean hands because she wouldn't stop touching the sand and she would even dip her snack on the sand and eat it! Ack. So don't forget the snack but watch out for those sandy hands.
- When the toddler doesn't stop running around and you're already tired, consider burying the toddler in the sand. Just make sure the toddler can still breath!
That's all for now. I'm sure I'm gonna learn some more as we frequent the beach this summer and I'll be sure to share 'em. I love summer!