Friday, January 13, 2012

Love coffee?

Are you like me who feel bad about throwing coffee grounds after enjoying the sweetness, heavenly-soul-awakening taste of it?  Coffee is  not really cheap and truth be told? Sometimes I feel like just leaving the used coffee grounds in the coffee maker and just pour water to make another batch. I know. I am that frugal.  But hey, I never did it nor tried it.  It's just all in my head.  I am  a coffee lover and I love the richness and fullness of a good coffee.  But I still can't avoid that feeling of dismay everytime I have to throw used coffee grounds.  Until a friend of mine gave me the idea of using it as body scrub!

Why must you listen to me and use coffee grounds ON your body?  Listen.

Because you'll beat cellulite with it. Rub it on your skin in circular motion with your eyes close to further make it more effective and hah! Adios, cellulites!  Check many anti-cellulites cream... one of the ingredients that they have in common is caffeine.  So, coffee? caffeine? You get it. 

Because it's one of the best exfoliating agent.  I love the way it scrubs my skin - not too coarse, not too fine.  Just the right tingling sensation while it removes the dead skin in my body.   I read that it also reduces the size of the pores and helps firm and tone your skin.  Ain't that sweet?

Because massaging it on your skin helps you get better blood circulation and shrink those nasty varicose veins! So if you know you are genetically prone to varicose veins, here's your shield against it. 

Because it's gentle enough for everyday use.  Body scrubs are normally suggested to be used once or twice a week but with your homemade coffee body scrub, every shower time of every day is a big treat!  I swear it's addicting.  I sooo love the feeling of rubbing this body scrub on my body not to mention enjoying the sweet aroma of my adored coffee while I make my skin happy.

Because it keeps that beautiful tan you get from beaching around summer stay on longer on your skin. 

Because it's cheap my golly! 

Because it really leaves your skin supple and smells like coffee after that luxurious shower you just had.

Because it's so easy to make.  There are a lot of different recipes you can follow by googling but mine is the simplest you can find.  I just mix baby oil or olive oil (my fave) with the coffee grounds.  The ratio depends on the texture you are going for.  More oil, finer texture. 

Now I do not feel bad whenever I see my loved coffee grounds literally go down the drain.  I just smile and say thank you - till next time.

Ohlala

25 comments:

  1. great idea! you know, you are not frugal... i actually *have* poured more hot water into my grounds and made another cup (just not as strong, obviously, but still doable!)... it works! ;) and now i have another option for my grounds! (oh, I also just compost the grounds in my backyard rather than watching it go down the drain... thanks for sharing! (Happy New Year, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lucky you, you have a backyard.. that's what we don't have at home.. all I have is potted plants and putting coffee grounds on it can get messy sometimes. Happy new year to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great tip sis! And since you're making your own scrub, you know exacty what goes in it. Unlike the commercial ones that contains a lot of ingredient. Thanks for sharing this to us =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true! I forgot to add that as one of the reasons :)

      Delete
  3. This is new! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Kim
    http://coffeewithkim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you gotta treat yourself and try it ;-)

      Delete
  4. Hello Spanish Pinay, My mom taught me to put used coffee grounds to fertilize plants. I think it works because my plants flourish when I do so. Big Hugs, Ava

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Ava. Right, i heard it is a good fertilizer, plus keeps those nasty ants away. But with potted plants inside the house, sometimes it gives stain on the floor :-S

      Delete
  5. What a great tip! Thank you, I'm always looking for ways to reduce cellulite or stretch marks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea! I am so going to try this. I am a total coffee addict ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will become your daily shower habit, I tell you :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. definitely! but I kind of stay away from it because it can get messy and stain-y uff

      Delete
  8. Wow! thanks for the tip! Dami ko pa naman cellulite! hihihi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha me too! specially on the thigh area eww.

      Delete
  9. I am not a coffee drinker...although I love anything that tastes like coffee. I do drink a lot of green tea, though. I know you can put used tea bags over your eyelids for refreshing and dark circles under your eyes relief.
    Thanks for the coffee scrub recipe...I'll pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love green tea too! I'm gonna have to try that tea bags trick on my eyes... I have dark circles real problem!

      Delete
  10. Ikeep missing your blog! ..since I take public transit, will people follow me around with the smell of coffee on me?? maybe this could a weekend at home spa thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you don't need to worry about the smell of coffee sticking on your body (but I for one, wouldn't mind that. I so love coffee's smell :-D). The coffee smell may even be gone after you wash your body with body shower. It doesn't linger really. Perhaps if you stick your nose to your arm and smell it heavily, you'll be able to smell some more traces of coffee but not enough smell for people beside you to smell the coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am a coffee drinker! and hubby and i grind our own coffee hahaha... we have our own manual and electric grinder! the remains of the coffee ground i put in the ref and in the toilet... thanks for this tip! i suddenly remember that i once had a body scrub in a medical spa and i chose their coffee ground (i actually forgot how they called it) package. i felt clean after that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful! Now you have another use for your coffee grounds and for sure your skin will thank you for that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the tip, very helpful indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow..nice tip...i am not a coffee addict but everyday in our office we brewed coffee and then dispose it at once...now i know what to do to those used coffee grounds..thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannell, thanks for dropping by. That is so great then... you are getting your body scrub totally free ;-)

      Delete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...