Wednesday, February 29, 2012

First playdate

Monday was  a mix of difficult and fun day.  Little Spanish Pinay woke up 2 hours too early than her usual and I got wounded up between my work and her for about an hour and a half. Nanny was kind of lazy yesterday too which got me ticked the whole time she was here taking care of LSP.  She kept on doing "nothing" while LSP tried to cling on me, wanting my attention while I beggingly say "not now, I have work to do".  I had to tell explicitly to my dear nanny to please get LSP and go to the other room and play with her.  Couldn't she just realize that on her own? I am obviously still ticked so I'll let that go.  Besides, it's not nice to talk badly about a person on a blog.  Next topic please.

Since LSP woke up too early than her usual, she also slept 2 hours earlier than her usual naptime.  Result is we had plenty of time in the afternoon to play.  We went to the park and LSP had a blast.  She recently learned "mami, no me pillas!" (mami, you can't catch me!) from a the cartoon show Peppa Pig.  So she's been doing that while running so fast and her head turned back.  She can easily bump into something anytime and it always gets me screaming for her to watch out and look where she's going.  Toddlers are really heart-attack provokers!

She says "tigidig, tigidig!" Read as: tee-gee-deeg, tee-gee-deeg :-D
That's the Filipino way of making the sound of riding a horse ;-)


Later on, I got a nice phone call from a friend to check on us if we are available to meet her and her little one.  Playdate for LSP, finally!  Hubby joined us right after he came home from work and I was really glad he was able to meet V. 

I've met this friend of mine, V, in one of the parks nearby last summer.  We are both first time moms.  We exchanged timid smiles at the beginning, a couple of nice comments about our daugthers who are just 4 months apart.  We are both "from the outside" married to someone "from the inside".  See, a lot of things in common.   We coincide again in one of the streets downtown, exchanged few his and hellos then another coincidence in the supermarket.  The third time says we are meant to be.  Friends, you know? We exchanged numbers.  We've been wanting to schedule a playdate but alas, cold weather and Christmas vacation in our native lands, and then cough and colds prevented us from having one.  BUT when the time is right, the time is right... even if things are not planned.  So the impromptu playdate happened yesterday! Finally, LSP got to really meet D and this time since they are older, they got to play with each other.  The first time they saw each other was just like exchanging curious looks and then just moving along with their own things.

The playdate was great! D is a real darling.  She only didn't bring LSP some gifts from their vacation to their native land but she let LSP play with her toys without any fuss while LSP wants ALL of D's toys. LSP is obviously on the mine-all-mine stage!  We went to have some coffee and then proceeded to go to another park after.  D and LSP walked holding each other's hand the whole time.  I died of their cuteness. 

This is the best I could do to improve a photo as a product of dusk and phone battery dying.
But look at them holding each other's hands while walking!

Hubby's phone wasn't doing much better than mine either.  But on the other hand, since I am not sure if my friend V is comfortable about posting her daughter's picture on the web, then this is perfect.  It's just like masking the faces in the picture of a daughter of a celebrity on magazines, yes?

Sadly, the fun has to end.  It was already dark and getting colder and dinner time is about to start and the little ones need to rest.  We said our goodbyes which was not really welcomed by LSP.  She hates goodbyes. Most specially, she hated saying goodbye to D's baby doll. She wanted to bring it home with her! My little sweet rascal.  The best part is that this is not the first and last playdate for LSP and D together.  Spring is just around the corner as well, so that means nicer weather for playdates!

How's your week going so far?

17 comments:

  1. hi....how are you.....i like your blog....can you add my blog to your blog list...add you also..thanks..tell me if you add me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arvin!
      Thank you for dropping by. I do appreciate your comment. I'll be visting yours in a few!

      Delete
  2. Aww, I love the last pic. LSP may be teething or something...Rainbow's like that right now, and I know it will be hell in the next few days.
    Sometimes our helpers are tired or something, I don't know. It's good you didn't say more on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, rather not say much :) but don't get me wrong, the nanny and I go along well and LSP likes her a lot... but sometimes there are just days like this... patience, right? :)

      Delete
  3. That's so great that LSP can make friends so easily. Separation anxiety is so common but the main part is that you are there for her to explain that she'll meet her friend another day. Friendships that young are so precious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true, Barbara! and it's also nice that at this age, they can easily get distracted with something else so that really helped stop the tears :)

      Delete
  4. How adorable is that picture where they are holding hands! She is quite the social butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. after some time of just being quiet and observing at the beginning, she does convert herself to a social butterfly... but I tell you, she's not easy haha!

      Delete
  5. i keep photos of my son with friends. it's so precious... we started going on playdates when he was 5 months old... but that was more or the mommies...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! playdates for mommies are bad at all... I do want to go on one for sure!

      Delete
  6. This is so sweet! Little girls are so adorable. Little Bit and I went to a play date the other week. It was all little boys. There was zero hugging or hand holding. They did however play with lots of trucks and trains ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boys and girls are really different! But they are also fun to watch especially when they start making those noises for their trucks, planes, robots and trains and other boys' toys! :)

      Delete
  7. Sweet naman. She has a new best friend. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do hope their friendship will continue till they are adults :)

      Delete
  8. it's nice that you and LSP found a new friend there. Speaking nanny being oblivious, i can totally relate to this. Some of them just don't get it sometimes but I hope she does better in the future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope she improves on this aspect...I normally have intensive work and I asked her to here for us precisely for her to help me with the little one...

      Delete
  9. iT is really nice to meet someone you can rely with, especially kung wala tayo sa our homecountry. Happy that you found one.

    Anyway, my week has been busy, as alwasy :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...