Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's a Dress!

So, when I finally decided I will learn how to sew, I cannot stop wishing that one day I will be able create a dress for me and for the Little Spanish Pinay.  Honestly? I haven't imagined any project for the hubby... men's clothes are boring, aren't they? LOL

Anyways, in search of a very, very simple pattern for making a simple dress, I came upon this from Pinterest.  I so love the idea because it does look very simple to make.  I've been checking for fabric and a top I can use for this small project and finally about a week ago, I found some nice materials to play with.  They are not the best material for this project but at least, if I make a mess out of it, it's also ok to give up on these materials and charge everything to experience :-D

I am not going to put a how to on this one because the very creative Leana has done a very, very nice step by step comlete with picture how to on her blog.  So if anyone would like to try it too, just head over to her blog and you'll also find a lot of interesting projects and ideas there :)

This blog entry of mine is to just boast the almost successful dress I did! It still has a lot to improve on especially on the part that is not seen by the naked eye but equally important to polish.  I'm a newbie so I get extremely proud with even just a little success... making baby steps, ya know.

Ok, so here are some photos... sorry for the crappy quality... I am just using my phone, making really, really quick photo and then no time for editing coz y'all? I am an extremly unorganized busy mama!

So here is the dress... click on the picture to make it bigger, please.


and here's how it looks like paired with a knit jacket and some kick-ass boots.... let's not mind the mess from the background, yes?

a bit close up photo!


I really planned on making a maxi dress... I dream of having a maxi dress but haven't found the right fit for my height and body and for my budget.  So when I saw this simple project, I thought this is my salvation.  I ended up making this as a short dress because the fabric I chose for the skirt part is not soft and flowy (I think that's a made up word).  So I had to stitch it up and make it into a short bubble skirt instead... worked quite good.

So there. 

And calling Ms. Kim.... no pressure but I am excited to see yours!

22 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous. It seems to fit you very well.
    Congrats on your first project.
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So uhh, how do we order a dress from you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cool! It looks pretty good :) With a little more practice you may be dressing up the ladies on the red carpet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! it looks great on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen you in a dress! Beautiful :) I like the boots too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! galing-galing na magsew. next post siguro, model na si LSP ng creation mo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty! wish i could make something like this, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks awesome and you're definitely crafty. Imagine making cute little dresses for the little one, that would be so cute, like your very own doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is adorable! Are you making a little version for LSP? I would so wear it. Before long you will be opening an Etsy shop ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! Congratulations on this accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I'm so impressed! I am a frustrated sewer. I have a lovely sewing machine that never gets used! And I also buy sewing books in the hopes that it will use the sewing machine, ha ha!!! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, for a newbie, you did an excellent job!!!! Congrats on its completion! So... when do we see the matching one for little one??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an awesome dress! Blue's my favorite color, so I wouldn't mind wearing that :). Before you know it, you'll be making a living from that! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look great in that dress..
    can't wait to visit spain again! 14 days more to go...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have to agree! for a newbie you did really good... looking forward for more....

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm inggit! my little sewing machine's gathering dust... looks great lhot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you ladies for all the kind words! This one is very easy as I just practically put 2 pieces together... the upper part is already done so I kind of cheated... heh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg! I love it sis....I wanna make mine too :) nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been wanting to make one for the longest time. But I have one problem. I don't have a sewing machine. and if ever I get to own one, I dunno how to operate. Wish me luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...