It's Monday again but all I can think about is weekend. I can't wait till it's weekend again - good thing there's only 5 working days in a week! Just 4 more days and hello weekend again. I believe in the power of positive thinking, y' know :)
So how was our past weekend.
- Saturday morning- another swimming day for Little Spanish Pinay. After eating her breakfast, I let her play while I prepare our things. Did I mention LSP looooves to write, loves to put lipstick and many times mix these two things? So this is what happened when I left her a few minutes:
All I could say was... what have you done!
She matter-of-factly answered me with "go-te" for bigote (mustache) - Her way of telling me she painted herself a mustache.
Look how happy and proud she is with her little art.
- This time, she was able to swim on her own with arm floats and it's quite a big milestone for her. I was surprised and ecstatic at the same time. Her mood about swimming fluctuates from the beginning. Her first day was awesome. Her second day was a lot of mami and hugging and clinging. Some days were a-ok. Then other days she's splendid...etc. But the past 2 weekends - she's really been excited to get into the water and has been doing a lot of improvements.
- In the car, hubby took my hand while he was driving. He does that many times and I love it - makes me feel giddy like a high school girl :) But then since he'd need to change gears, he'd let go of my hand and then take it again whenever he's driving in a steady gear. This time though, he didn't want to let go of my hand even if he had to change gears so he took my hand put it on the gear with his hand. We looked at each other and smiled at each other. Too cheesy? I know! But what can I do... we are both hopeless romantics.
- Lunch time with the inlaws as usual - LSP was particularly affectionate to her abuela (grandma) inspite of saying Abuela, no! Abuela, no!. That is her way to drive away someone she doesn't want to deal with. But she was doing this to her abuela in a playful way so that was quite funny. She does this so her abuela would run after her and get her "culing" (butt). She'd squeal and run as fast as she can.
She used a permanent marker (don't ask me how she got one) and I couldn't remove most of it from her face so we had no choice but to go to her swimming class with that face! People thought it was part of her costume for the carnival LOL.
Father and daughter drinking session after swimming activities and running around the playground
- As usual, it was a battle for her to take her afternoon nap. When she's not at home, she naturally would love to explore and just play so nap is her enemy. But in the end, she would still fall asleep. The power of Las Boobies always take over :)
Our Ms. Super Active... too cute with her poncho and pig tails!
- About a week ago, she has started saying porque (because). I know kids enter in a "why" state where in they don't stop asking why about every single thing. This normally starts around 3-4 yrs of age. In spanish, why is por que while because is porque. LSP's favorite word now is porque... she'd use it on every single phrase when she tries to tell us stories. If you ask her "Where is your pen?" She'd typically respond "No esta... poh-quie
Aga!"translation: "It's not here because... ... Aga took it"
- We had another meltdown when we got home. I was beat! I had to carry her American-football way while she tries to wiggle off from my arm and cry out loud. Upon arriving at the garage, she tried to tell me something about her boots but I couldn't understand her and she started to get frustrated explaining to me what it is she wants. We have a lot of things to carry because it was also supermarket day so I didn't have time to wait for her till she calms down. I just decided to carry her and go up the house as fast as we can. We went straight to our room and I placed her in our bed. I sat beside her trying to talk to her and helping her put into words what she was feeling. She started choking with her cries and looked for me so I can help her. We started hugging and thankfully the storm calmed down. Whew, another one of those difficult moments.
- Sunday was quite a lazy Sunday and I loved it! My sides hurt from a lot of LOLs with the Little Spanish Pinay in her terrible two stage. We painted, we sang, we danced. I love listening to hubby and LSP's dialogs. I love to watch them play together while I try to unclutter the house a little bit.
- Sunday afternoon was another meltdown moment for LSP - I forgot the reason why she had the meltdown but I supposed because she wanted to play with something (like a tube of cream or something) and I didn't allow her. She was crying and doesn't want me near her. But if I go away, she didn't like it either and would call for me. Toddlers!
- Finally, Sunday night, we tried to sleep LSP on her own bed in her own room :-O She didn't protest at all - because mami and Las Boobies were there anyways heh. But it's a good start I think that she's also comfortable to sleep there. Around 12mn though, she woke up and looked for mami so I just scooped her up and brought her to our bed.
All in all, it was quite a refreshing weekend. Just what I need because the next 2 weekends will be a little more complicated. I will be on support and may get paged anytime which means I would need to work. For how long? Depends on the gravity of the issue. But I do hope I won't get paged!
I also hope this week's going to be nicer to me and to all of us! :)