Monday, February 27, 2012

The Weekend That Was

It's Monday again but all I can think about is weekend.  I can't wait till it's weekend again - good thing there's only 5 working days in a week!  Just 4 more days and hello weekend again.  I believe in the power of positive thinking, y' know :)

So how was our past weekend.   
  • Saturday morning- another swimming day for Little Spanish Pinay.    After eating her breakfast, I let her play while I prepare our things.  Did I mention LSP looooves to write, loves to put lipstick and many times mix these two things?  So this is what happened when I left her a few minutes:
All I could say was... what have you done!
She matter-of-factly answered me with "go-te" for bigote (mustache) - Her way of telling me she painted herself a mustache.
Look how happy and proud she is with her little art.
    She used a permanent marker (don't ask me how she got one) and I couldn't remove most of it from her face so we had no choice but to go to her swimming class with that face!  People thought it was part of her costume for the carnival LOL.
  • This time, she was able to swim on her own with arm floats and it's quite a big milestone for her.  I was surprised and ecstatic at the same time.  Her mood about swimming fluctuates from the beginning.  Her first day was awesome.  Her second day was a lot of mami and hugging and clinging.  Some days were a-ok.  Then other days she's splendid...etc.  But the past 2 weekends - she's really been excited to get into the water and has been doing a lot of improvements.
  • Father and daughter drinking session after swimming activities and running around the playground
     
     
  • In the car, hubby took my hand while he was driving.  He does that many times and I love it - makes me feel giddy like a high school girl :) But then since he'd need to change gears, he'd let go of my hand and then take it again whenever he's driving in a steady gear.  This time though, he didn't want to let go of my hand even if he had to change gears so he took my hand put it on the gear with his hand.  We looked at each other and smiled at each other.  Too cheesy? I know! But what can I do... we are both hopeless romantics.
  •  Lunch time with the inlaws as usual - LSP was particularly affectionate to her abuela (grandma) inspite of saying Abuela, no! Abuela, no!.  That is her way to drive away someone she doesn't want to deal with.  But she was doing this to her abuela in a playful way so that was quite funny.  She does this so her abuela would run after her and get her "culing" (butt).  She'd squeal and run as fast as she can. 
  • As usual, it was a battle for her to take her afternoon nap.  When she's not at home, she naturally would love to explore and just play so nap is her enemy.  But in the end, she would still fall asleep.  The power of Las Boobies always take over :)
Our Ms. Super Active... too cute with her poncho and pig tails!
  • About a week ago, she has started saying porque (because).  I know kids enter in a "why" state where in they don't stop asking why about every single thing.  This normally starts around 3-4 yrs of age. In spanish, why is por que while because is porque. LSP's favorite word now is porque... she'd use it on every single phrase when she tries to tell us stories.   If you ask her "Where is your pen?" She'd typically respond "No esta... poh-quie Aga!" translation: "It's not here because... ... Aga took it"
  • We had another meltdown when we got home.  I was beat! I had to carry her American-football way while she tries to wiggle off from my arm and cry out loud.  Upon arriving at the garage, she tried to tell me something about her boots but I couldn't understand her and she started to get frustrated explaining to me what it is she wants.  We have a lot of things to carry because it was also supermarket day so I didn't have time to wait for her till she calms down. I just decided to carry her and go up the house as fast as we can.  We went straight to our room and I placed her in our bed.  I sat beside her trying to talk to her and helping her put into words what she was feeling.  She started choking with her cries and looked for me so I can help her.  We started hugging and thankfully the storm calmed down.  Whew, another one of those difficult moments.
  • Sunday was quite a lazy Sunday and I loved it!  My sides hurt from a lot of LOLs with the Little Spanish Pinay in her terrible two stage.  We painted, we sang, we danced.  I love listening to hubby and LSP's dialogs.  I love to watch them play together while I try to unclutter the house a little bit.
  • Sunday afternoon was another meltdown moment for LSP - I forgot the reason why she had the meltdown but I supposed because she wanted to play with something (like a tube of cream or something) and I didn't allow her.  She was crying and doesn't want me near her.  But if I go away, she didn't like it either and would call for me.  Toddlers!

  • Finally, Sunday night,  we tried to sleep LSP on her own bed in her own room :-O She didn't protest at all - because mami and Las Boobies were there anyways heh.  But it's a good start I think that she's also comfortable to sleep there.  Around 12mn though, she woke up and looked for mami so I just scooped her up and brought her to our bed. 
All in all, it was quite a refreshing weekend.  Just what I need because the next 2 weekends will be a little more complicated.  I will be on support and may get paged anytime which means I would need to work.  For how long? Depends on the gravity of the issue.  But I do hope I won't get paged!
I also hope this week's going to be nicer to me and to all of us! :)

23 comments:

  1. I love the meltdown shot! :) The old I'm gonna lie on the floor is a classic attention seeking behavior - and hey, it does work sometimes haha. (Speaking from experience)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or works frequently, no? At home sometimes I intend to put her on the floor. Many times she'd fuzz while I carry her and would wiggle around so she sometimes get hurt hitting th wall or furnitures around us. So to avoid that, I'd put her down on the floor... Hay toddlers.

      Delete
  2. i can totally relate on your first photo, hahaha! lagi kami may ganitong moment. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, terrible, terrible habit! I'd give her pencil but she'd notice it doesn't work on her face so it's her less fave!

      Delete
  3. Ang cute mo naman sa gote mo baby! hehehe! Very sweet namn ng hubby mo kahit nagda drive e gusto magka holding hands kayo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the meltdown. Kelly recently learned the art of melting down. Hubby and I are still learning how to deal with it properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just no way of getting used to it... I know I can't get used to it! I just hang on to the thought that it's just a phase and it WILL end :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. haha! the word might be cute... if only the actual thing is cute too LOL

      Delete
  6. You and your husband are so cute! I remember when I was a nanny and kids would have a meltdown. Toughest part of my job! You're a great mom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's tough! but it won't be here to stay ;-) hopefully!

      Delete
  7. Awww sis, it was a busy weekend for you. I love the meltdown shot, I do that with Poj & I show to him when at another time. And he'll laugh at himself silly for crying for no reason. If it's any consolation, the terrible two phase does not last very long. All of a sudden she would just mature a bit and would be easy to reason with, ikaw na ang magugulat. =)
    Ang cute ni LSP with her pigtales, poncho & boots. Mas cute talagang bihisan ang girls =)
    At ang sweet naman ni hubby! =)
    Congrats! It's great that LSP is now starting to sleep in her own bed =)
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too! I show her pics and videos of her meltdowns. LSP also laughs at herself and then immitate herself on the video... toddlers are silly. Ah, I can't wait for terrible two to be over and done!

      LSP hasn't actually started sleeping on her own bed... looks like she already can but since we still breastfeed, co-sleeping is still more convenient for us. She still wakes up 2-3 times at night to feed! :-O

      Delete
  8. Daming weekend happenings, i guess my daughter and i should explore every weekend kulang kami dito eh ..Anyway, she's cute with her gote hehe, like your sweetness so cheesy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's really hard to find nice activities for the kids but then again I believe they can enjoy even the simplest one basta kasama snai mama and papa :)

      Delete
  9. I had been reading you blog and masyado akong fascinated how you tell your stories. And it always makes me happy reading stories from those who left the Philippines and followed their hearts and having a nice life...
    That is my life too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy! you don't know how much you made me happy with your comment. Thanks for dropping by and by this, introducing me to your blog as well :) I'll be sure to frequent yours and get to know Norway more ;-)

      Delete
  10. Loved this post! I loved her little pink outfit absolutely adorable! and you and your husband are so cute! I love romance :) not cheesy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love her pink poncho with her matching pink boots... adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poncho was a winner. She got a lot of compliments from people :D

      Delete
  12. Aww, the meltdowns and tantrums are all part of growing up, unfortunately. But it should pass by the time she is into preschool age. Love the way she colored her face, classic. Maybe it's better that than the walls, believe me it's a lot easier to wipe down a face than an entire wall.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...