Sunday, March 11, 2012

Our Little Sevillana

Little Spanish Pinay is a fusion of different cultures.  Being Spanish, she's half Galician and half Andalucian.  Hubby's mom is from Galicia (where we currently live now - north of Spain) while hubby's dad is from Andalucia which is in the south of Spain.   Andalucia is divided into 8 provinces: Almeria, Cadiz, Cordoba, Granada, Huelva, Jaen, Malaga and Sevilla.  Sevillana is how women from Sevilla are called as well as a typical dance that is similar to Flamenco.

Having said all these, our Little Spanish Pinay seems to have inherited a good amount of Sevillan blood from her abuelo.  Look at her moves below:

video
Check out up to 05 seconds.  After that, I just ruined her concentration so you can stop the video :-D .  I was so ecstatic about how she danced that I couldn't help but yelled in excitement.  Obviously, she thought mami is crazy and lost her concentration so she started doing something else.  All my pleading for her to dance again were in vain!  I really can't get enough of this vidceo and can just play it all day long. Yeah, call that pride of a doting mami.


She got the modern moves too - which is how she dances most of the times.  Check out her video below:

video
this always cracks me up everytime I watch this video

Both videos were taken when LSP was just a bit more than 1 yr old.  I was trying to clean up some files on my mobile phone and saw these videos.


Weekend was quiet for us except for me working a little bit on some database maintenance.  LSP was also a little bit sick so we missed the swimmming lesson.  But we all got a nice rest so, yay! :)


How did weekend treat you?

21 comments:

  1. Oh, she is just so cute and adorable! No wonder you love watching her videos. She made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my weekend still fine. Used the yesterday answering the greetings through facebook and made cake and posted it today in my blog. Then I am going to our foofd for the soul meeting at 5 pm. Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my weekend still fine. Used the yesterday answering the greetings through facebook and made cake and posted it today in my blog. Then I am going to our foofd for the soul meeting at 5 pm. Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lhot... i like tala's dance moves! gusto ko yung umuuga dance hehe. my weekend is halfway done. yesterday we went to the famous hot doug's eatery near the suburbs. haba ng pile dun parati... took as more than an hour, buti na lang hindi gaano malamig. i'll tell you more about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look who's got the moves going on...I love her little shake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your video made my day. hehe! LSP is so cute and talented. lambot ng katawan ha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She really has some rocking moves! She is going to be quite the dancer Mami!

    ReplyDelete
  8. im such a loser, i can't view the video. anyway, the names of the places you mentioned reminds me of streets near UST and towns in Negros. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at her go! She has the makings of a professional dancer :)
    I hope LSP's feeling much better now. Don't you just hate it when they get sick?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! May variations ang moves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. woah!! these are tooooo cute! :) great moves tala!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bad I can't view the videos. Now I wanted to leave work and head home to see LSP rock the dance floor. Will check the videos later.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love her cheeky smile sis. LSP is too cute for words. At ang galing sumayaw! Glad you had a rested weekend.
    Kami naman lumabas kasi for the first time we were blessed with a sunny weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. she definitely has the moves! fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so cute and yep, I can see some of those Flamenco moves. Maybe you can teach her a few more moves and introduce her to the casta~nuellas. Ole :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww.....what a cutie! I hope someday she learns the tinikling, the pandanggo sa ilaw, the binasuan, or the cariñosa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LSP is something else!!! TOO cute for words. Wish she could give me lessons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Let's show some Pinay-ness to the little Spanish pinay.. how I would love to visit those places you mentioend.. one day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. damn! can't see the vids! office's pc are the worse!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...