Saturday, April 7, 2012

Summer means cute outfits!

I can't wait for summer! I do love spring as it is a beautiful season with the flowers blooming, trees coming to life and the air giving out a refreshing smell. But from where we live, spring is generally still a bit cold for a tropical girl like me.  But summer is perfect! Summer is the only time we can visit beaches here because the water is already freezing as it is (yes even on summer).  And we are a family of beach-lovers and the only way people can tolerate the coldness of the water in atlantic ocean is to have a summery heat of the sun.  Another thing I like about summer? Light clothes!

I really hate wearing heavy jackets, heaving to layer clothes and putting warmers. Winter clothes maybe fun and fashionable but for a mom like me with a very demanding and active toddler, the extra time needed to put me winter clothes (not to mention put on winter clothes on a squirmy, wiggly, 2-yr old) is a big stress.

So now, I am really looking forward to savoring summer - already itching to stash away my winter clothes and plan my summer wardrobe :-)
The summer period brings along with it many interesting new trends.  These trends aim at keeping you aerated and cool at the same time. The materials are also in types that will not leave you sweaty and sticky.

One of these latest summer trends I've seen around are crochet shorts. These are shorts that look like sweaters. Most of them are made as shorts but some of them come about after improvisation with crotchet sweaters, dresses and scarves. They are a nice way to keep cool as the pattern is similar to that of lace. Like all other fashion, not everything suits everyone.  Therefore, you need to visit various online shops and even shops at the mall to figure out which pattern is best suited for you.



I think these crochet shorts are super cute!
I can definitely sport this especially after working on a good tan :)

These shorts can be worn with strappy sandals or ankle boots. The pairing with the top ought to be well thought out. You can pair them with a plain shirt and tuck it in, a tank top tucked in, a top that is loosely fitting at the bust but fitting at the waist or even a crotchet top to complete the whole look. The thing about these shorts is that they ought to be very short. Long shorts that are crotchet in pattern do not achieve that polished look.

Sheer blouses are also in this summer. This type of fabric may be best suited if it has floral prints. Having such a coloured skirt gives one the liberty to match with lightly coloured tops and layered cardigans that are pretty. Adding a thin belt to the waistline when wearing sheer fabric is chic and it adds shape to your outfit. Pairing this outfit with a pair of heels will give evenness to those who do not have flat tummies. 



This is very convenient for mommies like me because let's be honest... after giving birth, a woman's tummy is not like it was before anymore (unless you're Angelina Jolie or most of the celebrity hot mommas).  Sheer fabric can also be worn as cardigans by plus size women. Versatil isn't it?  Then it's really a great idea as a gift for women especially if we do not know the exact size of the woman we are giving gift.  For a petite, the style is meant to be flowy but for a plus size, it's a cardigan and still give that breezy, flowy effect.   Put on a cute tube top under the sheer top and whatever your size is, you'll definitely feel sexy! 

 
Wait, the goodness does not just end here.  The fabric helps to hide the flabs on mommy and plus size arms if it is problematic. 

So, am I excited for summer?  You bet!  I definitely need some new outfits because y'all?  I can't remember anymore the last time I did outfit shopping for me self! 

The images above are grabbed from http://swaychic.com. I am absolutely drooling from their selections right now.  Go ahead and check out their collections and I am pretty sure you will be tempted to buy one or two like I do or even to just check for inspirational look.  Because you all? A momma has the right to feel sexy and cute too ;-)

26 comments:

  1. gee!! I love 'em... I stumbled upon your blog and I so love it! I can relate...Uhmmmm oh well,in my case it's Mexican Pinay! :)now I'm a follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now a follower too :) I love "meeting" other pinays living outside pinas or married to a different nationality. There are surely tons of things to relate and share with :)

      Spanish Pinay

      Delete
    2. Thanks sissy! Me too I love meeting Pinays living outside Pinas especially those in Hispanic Countries... pero yo no mucho habla espanyol! good luck to me...I need tutorial :)

      Delete
  2. Lhot.... you can so wear everything here with your model-like figure hehehe! I miss our shopping days at Gurnee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yez, Dianne! my 4-month-preggy model-like figure! haha talagang 4months eh no :-D

      Delete

  3. Really like your blog!
    A wonderful post!

    Have you got an account in instagram?
    If yes, write me your name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Sorry I am not on instagram :(

      Delete
  4. Ay, now I understand why LSP likes looking at catalogs haha. But those are cute shorts ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, Anne! I just realized that now... good observation :-p

      Delete
  5. I super like the crochet shorts, i'll have it copied by my sister during her spare time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can get away with anything Lhot! But I have to say the crochet shorts looks so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ang sexy naman ng mga model, but as you said there is still hope for mummies with tummies. hi hi. Then I hope there is still hope for grannies with tummies like me. Anyway, I too looks forward for the spring and summer, coz here it is still snowing.But you had given me an idea what to wear on summer:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's all about picking the right clothes that will complement our shapes :-D

      Delete
  8. Luv'it! If only I don't have thunder thighs, I'd wear shorts more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. didn't you know that thunder thighs are assets? Flaunt it! :)

      Delete
  9. Light and airy is just the thing after heavy winter clothing. I must admit though, I do enjoy getting all bundled up in the winter. But I agree with what you said...it is a pain getting the kids all bundled up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love to be bundled up in the winter too.. but at home especially with hubby :-D where I don't have to think what to wear and what would go with what :)

      Delete
  10. ako naman i hate summer, well nasa pinas kasi ako where the heat is unbearable. i so dig the clothes especially the white shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo nga, minsan unbearable talaga ang init sa pinas... pero yan na ang hinahanap-hanap ko ngayon :-D

      Delete
  11. i'm loving the crochet shorts, so dainty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I'd like to have different colors!

      Delete
  12. it's summer here in Pinas hahhaha... andi love the collection above!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the crocheted shorts. It looks soooo fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...