Thursday, June 14, 2012

Diaper-less, yaya-less, bra-less

3 protagonists on this post: diaper, yaya and bra - er, the lack of them actually.  They're like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Let me start with the good.  Diaper-less.  We are diaper-less for the entire day! The only time Little Spanish Pinay wears diaper is at night.  A couple of weeks ago, I have embraced the fear of not putting on her diaper even when we are going out.  We've had a couple of accidents here and there but these past few days, we are accident-free the whole day.  There are even mornings that she'd wake up to a clean diaper.  She's starting to hold her pee during the night pretty well, ladies and gents!


So there goes the good part.

Yaya-less.  LSP's yaya left us.  She has found another job by the south of Spain and she was really happy about it.  I too am honestly happy for her and since hubby and I already planned for LSP to go to the daycare soon, this has saved us from giving her the "bad news" that we'll not need her service anymore... BUT not this soon.  She told me the news Monday of the past week and her last day would be Friday of the same week.  Hubby and I immediately had to revisit our plan.  We decided to ask the daycare if LSP can start by July instead of September.  The daycare gladly accommodated our request.  Now, the only problem was the last 3 weeks of June without yaya.  Hubby took a 2-week vacation so he can take care of LSP while I work and then I took the last week of June (plus 1st and 2nd of July) so I can take care of her while hubby goes back to work.

Not really that bad as I believe it's also a good timing. I've been getting worked up with how yaya's been a bit lazy around the house and was actually looking forward to becoming yaya-less but I've had dilemmas as I feel bad letting her go... knowing that it'll be (and it has been) difficult for her to find a job where we live.  This was his only source of income.  But fate fixed my dilemma and even gave a better opportunity for LSP's now-ex-yaya.

Bra-less.  With all the ruckus and changes going on, lately my head does not start to kick even until late afternoon.  One time, I forgot to put my bra on upon leaving the house.  I'm not used to going out the house without wearing my bra, ok?  Now, I know am not blessed (at all) in that area so they're not really an attention grabber but... I am quite blessed in the "tip of the iceberg" area so without my bra on, they are always looking like I am cold, if you get the drift.  When I realized I this, I felt so uncomfortable I started walking like I hunchback with my arms crossed like a mummy and eyeballs going from left to right.  But later on, I realized people could just care less. In a country where topless and nudists are quite a common scenarios in the beach,  seeing nipples behind a bra-less shirt is as normal as seeing a bus in the street.  So I straightened my back, relaxed my arms, put my chin up high and strut me self.  Man, that was liberating!   The ugly part in here is the part where I seem to be running around like a headless chicken lately... see, I barely have time for blogging not even to remember to put everything I need to put on befoer going out the house.  Anyhoo... what is going out bra-less compared to going out with chocolate in my crotch? 

ta-tah for now!

29 comments:

  1. oh my, it's such an eventful week for you too! congrats to LSP, she'll say good bye to the diapers soon!

    PS I love the bra-less story. I can imagine it as a perfect plot for a mentos commercial :) Hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to LSP. buti sis, pwede sa niyo yung ganung katagal na leave noh! natawa naman ko sa bra-less story mo, siguro kung sa pinas yan, parang ang hirap, for sure nakatingin lahat. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, la na ko masabi, nasabi na above. hi hi. Anyway, about bra less, here also they don't mind, but not my daughter. She don't even want me to wear blouse na sinag ang bra ko. Old fashioned for her mother. hay! Or else, good thing ay everything is working perfectly well in your life lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the braless thingy sold it for me. i can't go out without a bra too. like you i am blessed with the "tip of the iceberg." hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a mom but a dad. We do have the same concern as to diaper-less and yaya-less kind of thing. My wife, myself and our 2 year old son wanting not to wear a diaper; which is a good saving, but he tends to forget telling or calling our attention that he's going to pee or to poop. So continue with diaper. :( Regarding yaya, my wife just finished her temporary contract of one year and now she is currently enjoying bonding with our son. Well the third one, ahhhmmmm... what will I say.... I mean LOL! That means, I cannot invite you to come over to Dubai coz doing as such will end you to jail. :)

    Anyway, I enjoyed reading it aloud while my wife's listening. :)

    Cheers mi amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  6. naloka ako sa braless sis! hehehe. keber sa mga espanol! :)) LSP is really so cute and adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! bye bye diapers na real soon si LSP at nakakaya na nya magpigil. Congrats! Ako naman di pa naka experience lumabas ng bra less ng di namamalayan. Kasi mararamdaman ko yun at mabigat ang aking dnadala. hihi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good si baby, no more diapers! Katuwa yun story about being bra-less, you can't do that in the Phils, people will all be looking at you, haha..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being diaper-less is a huge milestone. It's such a big savings on diapers. Good job baby. I am thinking of hiring a yaya for daughter because I want to go back to work. MIL can take care of her but I feel that they are spoiling her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! This post cracked me up! I have gone out without a bra and had the same feeling of people staring at me. But yes, not as bad as a chocolate crotch. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for no diapers!!! They are expensive! Now maybe you can use the extra money to buy a new bra. :)

    Very funny story! I could never get away with leaving the house without a bra. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. tama si michi....kung dito sa iyo nangyari ang di magsuot ng bra madami ang titingin....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so funny Lhot! Go girl! Hehehe!
    BTW, Tala looks so dalaginding na!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! At least tipid na sa diapers. Hehehe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha! you got plenty of less there ha. With less diaper, things could go messy. With less yaya, you'll get your head spinning around where to leave your kids. Hay... with the other less... I know it's a girl thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on potty training, sis! Kinakabahan pko sa part na yun kasi we stay on the bed most of the time. Baka mag amoy wiwi ang bed pag hindi pa napigil.
    Love the bra story :) yun nga lng hindi pwedeng makalimutan yun dito kc im quite blessed in that area include mo pa that tip of the iceberg :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the diaper-less

    as for yaya less, hope you are coping well :)

    Bra-less.....hmm...of over here, the hxxx will break loose. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job to your little angel. Perhaps it's because you were yaya-less that you went bra-less na rin. hihihi...

    Rizza (beingwell)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've always wanted to dare the Pinoy public with going bra-less on day but I think I don't have the guts yet. The yaya thing, sometimes it's better for kids without yayas as kiddos become more independent and responsible but it's really challenging for parents esp. if you're both working.

    ReplyDelete
  20. when the weather starts to be a bit better, it'll be no-diaper for my youngest daughter, she sometimes want to go around with out it, but going to the potty still needs reminding and she's more into peeing on the carpet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not gonna ask you to elaborate why there'd be chocolate in your crotch. LOL! Anyway, being yaya-less can be terrible if you've gotten so used to having someone around to help with the chores. But, everything will be easier to handle once LSP grows a bit older and becomes more independent.

    ReplyDelete
  22. who cares if your bra less, what's really important is the fact that your a good mom. i can feel you regarding having no yaya.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm yaya less for three yrs now. Saved me from headaches and additional expenses (electricity, soap, toothpaste, water, food, Salary etc.) Our family bonding time is more comfortable also bonding time with my hubby. apparently I can't be caught braless in the Philippines haha! :D
    Good luck on potty training. Good thing, girls are easier to learn the potty than boys. And I have 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. proves my point again about how great it is to be 50!! i don't need a diaper, a yay a or a bra!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm laughing hard just reading the title lol. Congratulations on your baby's milestone! I agree with having no yaya but it's quite task-y too! :/ And no comment on the last part :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. awwww cute post!--hi i am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lot of stuff going on, huh? she's so big now! I have been away too long! I'm enjoying summer vacation with my 3 -- all home all day! :)
    Many hugs to you as you go through this big transition.
    -steph

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on being diaper-less! Gosh LSP has gotten bigger since the last photo I saw. Time really flies!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...