Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mami solution: If the shirt is too tight fit, rip it.

 
Before anything else, I'd like to emphasize that this is not a fashion blog nor I am trying to convert this to one.  But I'm making this entry for sale and thrift lovers like me because one, I felt so clever (let me be conceited just this once, mmkay?) getting a good result and two, I might be able to give some ideas to others who, like me, bought something so cheap and then didn't fit.
 
 So here is the subject matter:
 
I bought this shirt from Zara for almost 3 euros ONLY.  I fell in love with the ruffled sleeve and with that price, I didn't even check if it will fit me.  Size is médium so I thought it should fit perfectly.
 
But when I got home and tried it on, it was too fit and I didn't feel comfortable about it showing off my curves, you know what I mean? And this mami want's some comfy shirt without looking frumpy.  So I was a bit disheartened... I didn't want to return it as I do really love the effect of the ruffled sleeves on me and the sexy neckline without revealing much.
 
See? Nice Ruffled fitted sleeves, but I would have to tuck my tummy all the time and that means tough and less oxygen for my body!  In this picure I was holding my breath and I haven't even eaten lunch, heh. What is that you say? My mirror is yucky? That's some photo filter a la instagram! :-P
 
Going back...
 
So what did I do?  Here comes the clever-me part...
 
I ripped the sides off!
 
That feels a lot better.
 
But I will never go out the streets half naked like that! 
 
So I grabbed these lovelies. Cheapos.  60 cents from the Chinese store - equivalent of dollar store
 
And hand-stiched them on to the shirt's open sides.
 
I was really pleased with the result.
 
Do I get a standing ovation?
 
BOW.

24 comments:

  1. great idea! might as well try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *slow clap* galing naman... I wanna see more of this pa... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! :)
    Thank you for sharing that idea. looks like ill be doing that to 5 of my blouses. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever! Love the new look. Rock it, sexy mama! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally clever! Love the new look. Rock it, sexy mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever! Love the new look. Rock it, sexy mama! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, very clever! This gives hope to my clothes to be worn again hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah this should work! Way to go sis, galing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever! Plus lace is in. It actually gave the shirt more edge. Lovet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect solution, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. bongga! shala shirt na :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant idea! yes, a standing ovation is definitely in order! :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. now your shirt looks more interesting than it used to be!

    I'm following you now. follow back, please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have sewing to do. (yey, you're posting again.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I'm super impressed! Will definitely do that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so nice! Sinong makakaisip ng ganyan?! I guess ikaw lang, you deserve a standing ovation, sis! I love the lace, it adds glam to the shirt and it really goes well to the ruffles! Four thumbs up! Kasama paa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice! pero parang mas sexy yung walang lace. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great! I got so many blouses that have restricted my breathing ever since I got pregnant. Now I might be able to wear them. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow that was a good idea...thanks for sharing sis..dami pa naman akong blouses na di na kasya..thinking of doing the same..cool! really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that's so clever! Now I know what to do with my tight blouses. You deserve more than a standing ovation.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...