Before anything else, I'd like to emphasize that this is not a fashion blog nor I am trying to convert this to one. But I'm making this entry for sale and thrift lovers like me because one, I felt so clever (let me be conceited just this once, mmkay?) getting a good result and two, I might be able to give some ideas to others who, like me, bought something so cheap and then didn't fit.
I bought this shirt from Zara for almost 3 euros ONLY. I fell in love with the ruffled sleeve and with that price, I didn't even check if it will fit me. Size is médium so I thought it should fit perfectly.
But when I got home and tried it on, it was too fit and I didn't feel comfortable about it showing off my curves, you know what I mean? And this mami want's some comfy shirt without looking frumpy. So I was a bit disheartened... I didn't want to return it as I do really love the effect of the ruffled sleeves on me and the sexy neckline without revealing much.
See? Nice Ruffled fitted sleeves, but I would have to tuck my tummy all the time and that means tough and less oxygen for my body! In this picure I was holding my breath and I haven't even eaten lunch, heh. What is that you say? My mirror is yucky? That's some photo filter a la instagram! :-P
Going back...
So what did I do? Here comes the clever-me part...
I ripped the sides off!
That feels a lot better.
But I will never go out the streets half naked like that!
So I grabbed these lovelies. Cheapos. 60 cents from the Chinese store - equivalent of dollar store
And hand-stiched them on to the shirt's open sides.
I was really pleased with the result.
Do I get a standing ovation?
BOW.









great idea! might as well try this one :)
ReplyDelete*slow clap* galing naman... I wanna see more of this pa... hehe
ReplyDeleteClever, indeed!
ReplyDeleteBravo! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing that idea. looks like ill be doing that to 5 of my blouses. hehehe.
Clever! Love the new look. Rock it, sexy mama! ;)
ReplyDeleteTotally clever! Love the new look. Rock it, sexy mama.
ReplyDeleteClever! Love the new look. Rock it, sexy mama! ;)
ReplyDeleteYeah, very clever! This gives hope to my clothes to be worn again hehehehe
ReplyDeleteOh yeah this should work! Way to go sis, galing!
ReplyDeleteBravo!!! Clever indeed :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so clever! Plus lace is in. It actually gave the shirt more edge. Lovet!
ReplyDeleteA perfect solution, very creative!
ReplyDeletebongga! shala shirt na :)
ReplyDeletebrilliant idea! yes, a standing ovation is definitely in order! :))
ReplyDeletenow your shirt looks more interesting than it used to be!
ReplyDeleteI'm following you now. follow back, please? :)
bumisita uli sa iyo..
ReplyDeleteI have sewing to do. (yey, you're posting again.)
ReplyDeleteWow! I'm super impressed! Will definitely do that! :D
ReplyDeleteThis is so nice! Sinong makakaisip ng ganyan?! I guess ikaw lang, you deserve a standing ovation, sis! I love the lace, it adds glam to the shirt and it really goes well to the ruffles! Four thumbs up! Kasama paa! :)
ReplyDeletenice! pero parang mas sexy yung walang lace. hehe!
ReplyDeleteits cool sis! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I got so many blouses that have restricted my breathing ever since I got pregnant. Now I might be able to wear them. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! ;)
ReplyDeletewow that was a good idea...thanks for sharing sis..dami pa naman akong blouses na di na kasya..thinking of doing the same..cool! really cool!
ReplyDeleteNow that's so clever! Now I know what to do with my tight blouses. You deserve more than a standing ovation.
ReplyDelete