Thursday, September 13, 2012

Our breastfeeding journey coming to an end and sharing another mom's must-read breastfeeding success story

2 yrs and almost 5 months and we are still breastfeeding.  I've been really on and off about weaning.  Some difficult days, I'd stick a middle finger about "child-led-weaning" and some days where unicorns fly around us, I'd wish the moment that she'd ask to be nursed won't end.   I am seeing the near-end of our breastfeeding moment, though.  My supply is very low already.  Little Spanish Pinay herself would even tell me ya no hay leche, mami (no more milk, mami) like as if she's complaining and demanding for more.  So I guess, sooner or later, she'd get tired of sucking and would move on to her life without Las Boobies.  

How do I feel about that?

I am already nostalgic about it.
I am looking forward to it at the same time.

I feel triumphant as we really had a tough start on breastfeeding and that I have told myself 2yrs is the minimum time I'd breastfeed LSP.

If this is a novel, we are indeed nearing the denouement.

Speaking of a novel, I'd like to share another success story of a friend on breastfeeding.  Because novel = story.  I know, I'm good on segues. 

It is a really touching and beautiful story of courage, dedication and pure mommy love!  I do feel compelled to share this because I know that it may help other moms or mom-to-bes who want to really succeed on breastfeeding.  Please click the whole quote below to read the whole story.



Photo grabbed from Chichi Sotomil's fb page


p.s. Last month is Breastfeeding Awareness Month.  But I am extending it to this month and to all the months of the year. Because breastfeeding is that awesome!

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with your readers. I feel honored to be featured in your blog. I hope we can touch others with our experiences. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. Breastfeeding was something that really freaked me out at first but I think now I'm okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I loved breast feeding. It was very difficult when I had eldest. But after second and third cam around, all was easy. Those 2 went on for 2 1/2 years! :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby steps... For you and LSP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! i envy you! you are so lucky you came this far. i was only able to breastfed lia till her 8th month. hope everything turns well in the weaning process :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will probably need your advice! Excited but nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for posting, i' really hoping to successfully breastfeed my new baby this time and posts like this really helps encourage me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodluck on the weaning process. At first, ganyan din ako. Sabi ko max na 2 years since lumagpas kmi ng One and a half. Pero, eto, mag t-three years old na si Akira and she still wants the breast. Despite the fact that I do cycling, kahit wala ng milk, sige padin ang dede niya :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I breastfed A for one year and I never really thought that I'm ever going to miss feeding her! I miss it. I really do. It's I guess the quiet moments that we've had... the staring at each other while feeding... Haaaay... Heavenly indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nursing creates such a special amazing wonderful bond....i was always sad when my kids weaned themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on being able to breastfeed this long. I could only do 3 months. Love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope my toddler still wants my breast after she reaches two. She nurses only at night but still, I see it as an accomplishment on our part. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I only did 18months and 16months for both kiddos. How i wished they extended but they were the ones who gave up on me hahahaha!!!

    I salute you for coming this far!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so envy you. I didn't even go beyond two months :(. I promised myself that I will breastfeed my next baby, exclusively. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My oh my. My time was over for that. But anyway, Sara was 90 years old when she started to breastfeed Isaac. Hi hi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats, two years is such a big "mommy achievement"! I weaned at 9 months already. But I felt it's such a huge thing for me. I even want to put it in my resume. Hahaha!

    P.S.
    I love your new header. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on moving on... nobody can take away your breastfeeding memories with LSP. I breastfed my daughter for 1.5years, and I do still feel nostalgic at times (she's already 6!). Maybe it's time you had another baby? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. two years is such a great feat! you must be proud of this achievement, you and LSP :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, 2 years. Congrats!

    I will always be proud of and grateful to my Nanay for having had breastfed my siblings and I, all five of us :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...