Friday, July 27, 2012

Do you get jealous?

I'm not a jealous person and really, my husband has never given me any reason to be jealous of another girl, so luckily, it has never been an issue in our relationship.

And then I discovered that I can be a jealous girl... not of another girl but of songs!  I know! What sense does it make, if it has any sense at all??

I already feel silly just by thinking about it now but the jealousy came in to me and I couldn't just silenced it with let's say, eating bars and bars of chocolates.

Before I get all the disapproving looks or ho-hums, let me at least elaborate the case at hand.  And then, I will accept judgments.

See, hubby loves many things about Asian culture.  Even before he met me, he's already an afficionado of animes.  Japan has always caught his interest.  But he met me, went head over heels (ahem) and his interest about Asian culture even grew wider.  He didn't only fell in love with me (ahem again) but also with Filipino cutlture, food, songs, country, etc.  So far so good, right? 

Here comes the problem or better say MY problem.  Lately he's been getting into Korean and Japanese.  He'd play them in his car, he'd sing them around the house (with invented lyrics of course), he'd download them like crazy... get the point.  It's actually good as he has a very, very wide range of gusto when it comes to music.   He IS a music lover, not to mention he sings quite well.  But one day, the chong-chong (my description of asian-non-filipino-songs) songs just got into my nerves and I burst.

Told him that I am getting jealous annoyed of the songs already.  Hubby, with a surprised and confused face said "what? why?" 

Told him, you are married to a Filipina and not Korean.  Hubby was like "uh... what?"

Told him, why didn't you just find yourself a Korean so you can get yourself drunk all the time with Korean music and then maybe your Korean wife could even teach you the song.  Hubby was like, "it's just that right now, I don't have the Filipino songs in my phone.."  with an even more confused face.

That fired me even more.

Told him, "You are married to a Filipina and you listen to Korean and Japanese songs but NOT Filipino songs.  Why is that?" Not true as he already knows a number of Filipino songs but lately, he's just getting obsessed (my subjective description) with playing Korean songs.  Hubby was out of words for a good while but trying to stifle his chuckle.

He tried to remind me that we already have a wide collection of Filipino songs and he'd even play them at home. 

I was like, yeah because I am at home and you do that for me.  For ME to listen to the Filipino songs but on your phone, on your car, all you have is everything Asian songs but Filipino songs.  It does show what is your favorite, your priority. I know... hormonal. That's me.

He tried to explain some more but he just kept burrying himself under my wrath.

Don't think that all these happened one fine afternoon and ended there.  No, days and days, I get so moody everytime we are in the car and he'd start pluggin in Korean songs (even Little Spanish Pinay has started learning the song).  One day, while we were outside enjoying the pool and the sun, he started singing his favorite Korean song and I snapped and said "Will you stop the friggin' singing?"  I immediately regretted my attitude.  But I have a reason and I am THE offended (based on my hormonal state).

The next day, when we got in the car, he started playing Filipino song from his phone plugged in to the car.  And what do you know,  it ticked me off too.  What? Why? Because now, he's putting Filipino songs only because I reacted and made a show out of it.   I kept telling him there's really no sense for him to redeem himself anymore by playing Filipino songs.

Ok, crucify me now.  I KNOW I am totally being shallow.   I can't fight my hormones. They are the boss of me! 

My poor husband?  Never got mad with all my nonsense.  He's a saint and I'm the bi-atch of the house. 

The. End.

23 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Oh my gosh, I totally understand. I get jealous of my guy's video games. Like why would you want to date me when you can hang out with the scantily-clad female warriors? Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Hubby plays those video games and it's my deep secret that I find those girls in the video games too sexy and provoking and then I kind of get insecure haha!

      I know you sent me an email...I am running slow with my emails but I'll reply soon! :-)

      Thanks for dropping by :-D

      Delete
  2. Haha. This is a funny and cute story. Pano pa kaya nung naglilihi ka? Poor goodie hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazingly "good" when I was on my first trimester... But I couldn't stand his smell after drinking coffee haha! Preggies are weird.

      Delete
  3. I feel for you, sis! All the while I thought I was the only mommy in the blogosphere whose husband is an afficionado of animes and even korean songs (just a few though).
    Sometimes, I also couldn't understand. And I couldn't tell that he'll be over it anytime soon. But one thing is for sure - he'll try his best not to listen to these songs while you are around - at least :)
    Cheer up, beautiful :) Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! He's not playing those songs anymore when he's with me. But somehow it annoys me coz it doesn't look natural if you know what I mean. Deep inside I know he still loooves those j-pop and k-pop songs, which, truth be told is that, there's really nothing wrong with... But I get jealous :-D

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry that this kind of made me laugh. Your poor husband. I have pulled that number on RJ before my period. Sometimes he thinks I'm seriously crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We women are most of the times more difficult than da vinci's code to decipher heh! :-D

      Delete
  5. funny sis but your husband really loves you, he listens to filipino songs just for you. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Marilou,
    Definitely not the usual post for you...but so good that you can be honest about your feelings. :) Too much of anything can be "annoying"...even if it is something you like...but certainly more than "annoying" if it is something you don't like. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha it's funny how we can get mad about the smallest things. I used to be jealous of hubby's addition to this PSP game (Patapon). Then I started playing it myself until I ended up hugging the PSP all the time. Haha!

    Coffee With Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natawa ako! I can just imagine your tarry face and voice hehehe! And, what's with the hormones? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a very interesting story. You know it annoyed me very much when my husband say negative words about foriegners here. Forgetting that he is married to one. If I didn't know that he loves me and proud of me, I would think that he is negative to foreigners because of me. But when he say one negative word, I just feel that he is attacking me. So that is our story:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not know how I would react if my husband started listening to this music...it would be so out of character I would have to start asking questions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very funny story :) But the hormone thing for us women is very true. I sometimes get jealous and rant at my husband when I think he pays more attention to his DC and Xmen comics than me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm sorry sis but this is weird, hahaha... i really haven't heard of anyone getting jealous over a song, until now. ah.. hormones, make you do weird things sometimes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i was jealous of the window screen saver. eek. kahiya.. i have been so busy with packing and moving.. bloggin and commenting are not my top priority ( should be) .. hope you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice one sis! I do understand you , I do have my topak / crazy days too ( weird insights ).. anyway, you just handled it right!.. kesa naman sa kimkimin mo.. hehe..

    dami ng tawa ko dito..:)


    Lovelots;

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha! minsan talaga weird tayo mga girls. =) namiss ko blog mo, medyo naging busy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I guess the saint loves the biatch so much :). We women tend to get irrational at times- ok most of the time, in my case! Just goes to show you how much the hubs loves you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mahal na mahal ka talaga ng hubby mo! Tingnan mo di kamo nagalit sa mga nonsense mo. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so funny! You seemed to have been building up to it :) Pero yes, like you I guess I would feel slighted if my hubby didn't like Filipino songs. Good thing he appreciates them all equally :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...