Friday, August 31, 2012

Author, educator and parenting speaker, Vivian Kirkfield: Is Your Child Being Bullied?

I am really excited to share this clip of a short interview of Vivian Kirkfield by 9News TV. She has stated great tips on detecting whether your child is being bullied at school:

   Vivian is also the author of this equally amazing book: Show Me How! Build Your Child's Self-Esteem Through Reading, Crafting and Cooking
Show Me How! Build Your Child's Self-Esteem Through Reading, Crafting and Cooking (Positive Parental
I have personally own (with Vivian's authograph, nothing less!!) and read this book and been trying some of the activities with my little one.  It is surely one way to spend quality time with your children and be involved with them.  Getting involved with your children can also help them be more confident of themselves and open to communication with us, parents.  This may also help them easily talk to us when they experience bullying at shool.
 
p.s. I am a fan of Vivian :)

5 comments:

  1. Sayang malalaki na kids ko hi hi. Anyway, thanks for people who can write good books:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm a fan of you, Marilou!!!! Thank you so much for posting the 9News clip on bullying...such an important topic and one that needs to be aired over and over until every child feels safe.
    And thank you for mentioning "Show Me How"...I hope people will keep it in mind for holiday giving...it's an unbelievable value...no batteries required - powered by a child's imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is crazy the bullying that goes on...despite all the antibullying messages in school. we talk about this at dinner and that is how we keep an eye on things..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had lunch with my former teacher last Sunday and we talked about this. She told me in the past there were no noticeable case of bullying in her school. But in recent years, they already receive complains. Sad but some kids here also experience bullying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips in the video! So far I've been lucky with my daughter. She's pretty good at dealing with bullies, and hasn't had any serious incidents. But it's something every parent should be on the lookout for.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...