Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Little One Meets the Big Family for the First Time

It has been the loooongest flight ever of my life. It was Oct 29 when we flew to Madrid. I haven't been able to sleep well a couple of nights prior to that. We reached Madrid at past 10am and slept over at a friend's house and prepare for the next day's flight to Manila. Again, I just tossed and turn in the bed. The next day came and we're off to Manila. I sat restless on all the connecting flights. I couldn't rob a single second of sleep. I feel so nervous and anxious, I feel like there are tons of butterflies flying inside my whole body. So that butterflies-in-the-tummy feeling? That's just a small portion of what I was feeling the whole flight. I kept on touching my tummy and telling my little one to be patient with mami as I can't really contain this kind of emotion. I just wish I can pop some pill and make me knocked down in a split of seconds. But no, I can't do that... not even some relaxing tea. I tried talking to my little one to please, please help me get some sleep. On the last leg of the flight, from Korea to Manila, with body really, really tired, I managed to get an hour of sleep. I woke up and we were almost there. My body shook and I couldn't stop from crying. I cried with so much happiness that after more than 4 years, I am finally going to see and hug my family. With this precious life developing in my womb, I am even happier. Oct 31, 11:05pm Manila time, the plane has finally landed and tears just kept falling. There is just no way to stop them. As we go down the ramp towards the waiting area, I already saw my youngest brother from a far, standing taller than the rest of the crowd. Then I heard my papa yelled my name. By then, I can't stop jumping up and down and crying like a little girl. We crossed the street and the whole family was there waiting for us. My mom, all my sisters and my brother, even a close uncle of mine and one of my cousins were all there. It was a sweet reunion and the first introduction of Spanish pinoy/pinay to the big family we have in the Philippines. Everyone gave our little one a warm welcome and I know our little one is giving them a big hello from my womb.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...