Tuesday, January 25, 2011

9 months

Is it too weird if I say I already feel like toddlerhood is just around the corner? Coz I do. I see Little Spanish Pinay like she's already a toddler or about to enter toddlerhood soooo soon. Whenever she does those big steps while we hold her arms, whenever she pulls herself up casually, whenever she sits down on her own from standing position, whenever she throws a kiss in the air, whenever she dances on her own rhythm and style with any music she hears, whenever she walks around the furniture on her own, I see my baby is like a blink away from toddlerhood.

We're starting to introduce even more food and making it more regular rather than just casually letting her try different food tastes and textures.  We're also trying to make her get more used to drinking water.  She's not exactly the water-thirsty type but she loves to play with it and the feeling of it in her mouth, so I guess that's a good start.  Everytime she holds her sippy cup on her own, I get awwww-stricken.  She looks so grown up!

Little Spanish Pinay in Action with her Sippy Cup
Look at that oozing confidence

It's exciting to see her communicate more to us. She does different facial expressions to call our attention. She squeals to express her excitement or happiness seeing someone or something she's really fond of -like her abuela or a bag of cortezas de trigo. I swear, I looked that up and tried to check its name in English but couldn't find a good translation. So I'm just showing here a picture.


They're like chips made of wheat. One of the junk foods snacks hubby and I really like. They're healthier than potato chips so don't tag me as a bad parent, ok? It's rich in iron and has no cholesterol ;-)

How time flies I often wonder. She's now entering the last quarter of her first year. That means 3 more months and she's turning one! Just 3 more months.

Is it just me or she's really looking so grown up in this picture? That far away thoughtful ook... to die for.

P.S. I still daydream about being a stay-at-home mom. Wait, I'm a stay-at-home mom but working at home...so what I actually want to say is that I daydream about being non-working stay-at-home mom. But I AM grateful I have a job, let's not forget that. It's just that sometimes, staring at this little angel, makes me feel like that's what I would only want to do the rest of the day everyday... And there goes the longest P.S. ever.

P.P.S. Happy 9 Months my little Spanish Pinay!!

1 comment:

  1. A year ago, I had a one-year-old and a newborn baby. Now my eldest refuses to be called a baby coz according to her, "I'm not a baby anymore. I'm a little girl. And Jakei's a little boy."
    So, yup, you're right! Toddlerhood is just around the corner. They develop at lightning speed from this point onward. :D

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...