Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Show Me How: A book an attached parent will surely love

The wonderful side of blogging is getting to know other wonderful bloggers, learning things from them and at the same time getting the chance of helping out or supporting wonderful projects or products.

I for one, already have a long list of favorite bloggers whom I follow and read on a daily basis (when time permits).   One of them is someone I admire because of her principle towards helping children build their self-esteem.  Hubby and I support attachment parenting which is a kind of parenting that centralizes on trusting the child and respecting their needs and providing them appropriately. 

When I first read Vivian Kirkfield, her book caught my attention.  It is a book that help their children build self-esteem through different crafts and activities that parents can participate in.  I believe that children needs, more than anything else, to spend tons and tons of quality time parents can give them.  A child able to spend every single moment with his parents even in the absence of toys can be the happiest child there can be.

In this time and age though, it is common that both parents work 40 hours a week.  By the time we come home, we are left with maybe about 2 hours (or maybe even less) play time with our children and then off to bed already.  So we are just normally left with the weekend to spend more quality time with them.  For most household economy, it is inevitable that both parents have they full-time day job, like ours but it doesn't mean that we are doomed as parents.  We can always make the best out of the whatever time we can spend with our chidren.  Make it something really fun, at the same time educational and making them value their strength and qualities.  Parents participating in this kind of activities with their children help children feel more appreciated and loved. 
Can be bought directly at Postive Parental Participation website
This is what Vivian's book help parents get ideas on different activities, crafts, recipes and books to read for their children.  It is obvious that Vivian has poured so much care and love into this wonderful book being a parent herself (now a grandmother too!) and a former kindergarted educator.

As what many already know, I am an advocate of attachment parenting and this kind of book is one example of a product that supports attachment parenting.  It is centered on how us parents can help our children build their self-esteem by spending quality, fun-filled, educational activities WITH them.  I've also known Vivian through blogging.  She's one of the few that frequents my blog and leaves heartfelt and well-thought comments.  Reading her articles also reveal the kind of loving and sensitive person that she is.  I definitely admire people that values children as much as Vivan values and cares for them.

So with Vivian's permission,  I'd like to promote her book.  Please take time to visit her website.  Her book is also available in Amazon.

11 comments:

  1. I'm not a parent but that seams really helpful. I have a few people in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daisy! It's really a nice gift for moms with kids :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so very much, Marilou! What a wonderful review and recommendation of my book! I am touched by the kind and beautiful words of praise you give me here. :)

    Parenting is a difficult task...and the most important job a person can undertake. It is my hope and wish that Show Me How helps many parents engage with their children in fun-filled educational self-esteem building activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the least I can do to take part on helping spread this wonderful concept of building high self-esteem on children :) I'm glad you liked the post.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this my lovely. You know I usually lack ideas but love to spend as much time with Poj as posible - so this would be extremely helpful. I shall check this book out. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! I think it's also a nice gift for moms... malapit na mother's day din dito! :-D

      Delete
  4. Very interesting. Another thing you can do is by simply being together during meal times too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tin! That's a very good point too. Being there with them even on most simple time... during meals or even just having tickle-time is something that children really really appreciate and helps them feel appreciated, loved and attended to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom and homeschooled for 18 years. The world is full of learning experiences that parents and kids can share. I love your post and your approach to parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a working mom myself and what you say is so true! I just try to make the most of my time with my daughter before leaving for work and after work. Thank you for sharing this book. I'll check it out when I get home. The website is blocked here at work, too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the book certainly sounds valuable! we can all use all the help we can get..it is not easy raising kids! I will check out her blog now. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...