Wednesday, December 22, 2010

8 Months

4 months to go and she's turning 1 year old...just 4 months! Seriously? I swear it feels like she was just 4 months yesterday. I can't keep up with time, see just 2 more days and before Christmas and still incomplete with gifts! If I continue to be like this, I'll definitely be left behind with 2010!

What I can't afford is to be left behind by Little Spanish Pinay's super fast development. Everyday is like a big step for her towards toddlerhood! I feel like I am not yet ready for toddlerhood.  I want to be there for her to support her and cheer her and console her with her frustrations. It's super exciting for us yet I feel a little bit anxious. She seems to be too much in a hurry to grow! One day she was too afraid to roll over and now she's all over the house.

She's now even able to pull herself to stand on her own. It was Dec 7 (7 months, 2 weeks and 1 day) when she first did it. She has learned on the same day to sit up from a crawling position.  She does it with lots of care and sometimes I feel like she's having a hard time and is tempted to help her.  But I know she must learn to master doing it by herself.  So the over protective mami in me must be suppressed.  She was with her papi while I was in the bathroom when she reached these big milestones. How would I forget that, it was also the same day and moment when she swallowed a piece of popped balloon! Hubby and I were soooo skeered! Good thing it came out after 2 days, otherwise, we'll be running to the emergency the following day. Now back to LSP standing on her own... she does that every single chance she gets. If there's something she can grab, she'd pull herself up. Even if it's just something lower than her, she'd manage to put her weight on it, support herself with one hand, stand, then raise one hand while she's bend forward a little bit. It's funny seeing her do that stunt. And she does seem to know that it's an achievement as everytime she's able to pull herself up, she'd have her mouth wide open with happiness. I wish I can snap her a picture doing that but I am too afraid to take my eyes off of her as it seems that she can fall off anytime. She was also into a pre-crawl position rocking back and forth for quite some time now. But then she'd plop back into her army crawl. I wondered if she'd really get herself to real crawling or would just pass it off and go directly to walking. But just 6 days shy of turning 8 months, she finally crawled on her hands and knees, butt up. I was able to record the very first moment she did it. I was all emotional, excited anmd nervous while she played the cool. 

She'd pull herself up anywhere she can grab her hands on. believe it or not, she's nursing in this picture!

She's also making good use of her index finger and thumb to pick up things. She passes things from one hand to the other. I could eat up all those cute baby fingers. I love the way they explore my face, and my hands. She'd have a face of a real discoverer - full of fascination and interest. But then those little nails can sometimes get all violent...she loves to scratch! Cutting her nails? Is like sending a cat to have a bath!

Impossible.

She's more and more alert of her surroundings more than ever. Every thing gets her attention. Every music sends her to rock her body back and forth if seated, and jump up and down if she's standing. She does that an instant a music starts to play. I love that she loves music.

She cracks everybody up with her new and old antiques. She has recently started sporting this super cute smile that compose of closing her eyes, smiling with her chin put a little bit forward showing off her only two front teeth and nose crinkled. She loves to wave goodbye or wave hello. She loves to raise her right hand up high as if reaching for something, closing and opening her hand then bending her head backwards and arching her back. She also pretends to be angry or getting serious by raising her arms and suddenly putting them down on her chest - her own version of crossing the arms - and then making a short sound of hmm! Or sometimes she squeals or make harsh sounds with her throat, forehead frowned, eyes angered.  Big theater, I tell you. She also has recently learned to clap her hands. Her claps doesn't make sound but those are obviously very close attempt of clapping the hands.  Soon she'll be dancing flamenco with her abuelo.  She's soooo adorable with all these little tricks. And what she loves the most is having an audience. The more we laugh at her the more she does her tricks. Such a performer.
Didn't I say this smile is super cute?

That crinkled nose is so delectable!

She has grown even more fond of her papi. She'd know when her papi arrives home from work. She'd go very excited waiting for her papi to appear by the door of the room. And once papi appeared? She'd happily crawl towards her papi in the speed of light. Her papi would scoop her up and LSP would inspect his face and body with excitement and curiosity as if she hadn't seen her papi in months. I remember when I was young. My siblings and I would race ourselves running towards our papa everytime he comes home. We'd yell "Papa!!!!!" and shower him with kisses and hang our arms around her neck (then ask for pasalubong or "gifts"). My mama, smiling, would always say that we act as if we haven't seen our papa for a long time and my papa would always say that these take her tiredness after a day-long work. And now LSP is doing much the same for her own papi.

She's also more social now with strangers. Not that she would want to go with them (she's very smart and careful ;-) she loves to stay safe in the arms of mami or papi), but she'd smile and babble to them and would even want to touch their face.

What she has never come to doing is playing with her feet.  I've seen babies by 4 months, like exploring their feet and putting them in her mouth while in a lying position.  I was waiting for her to do that and even playing with her feet with her so she'd pay attention to them.  She would just laugh and play with me but she never did it by herself.  She explores her hands but not her feet.  She probably thinks their icky? bleh.

Lastly, 2 more teeth are already peeping from her gums.  Upper front teeth!  That explains the agitated sleep these past nights and the 2 bags my eyes are sporting.

Happy 8 months, my Little Spanish Pinay!

Oh, and happy 8 months of job well done, Las Boobies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...