Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Seven Wonders of Pregnancy

There are obviously more than seven wonders of pregnancy but if I were to place them all in this blog, I might not be able to finish this at all.  So I'd be just listing the seven biggest wonders I lived during my entire pregnancy period.

Finding out we're pregnant.
It was definitely a moment I'd never forget.   A moment that brought hubby and I to tears upon learning the greatest news of all.  Our prayers have been answered.  Here's a link to the blog I wrote about this.

Sharing the good news to people close to our hearts.
The joy of sharing this wonderful news to all the people close to our hearts is definitely something wonderful.  Hearing the excitement and happiness from the voices of these people made us even happier and ecstatic about the new phase my hubby and I are about to enter. 

Hearing our baby's heartbeat for the first time.
Magical.  Hubby and I were brought back to tears.  The moment we heard our little angel's fast heartbeat is simply magical.  There's a life inside my womb... we will become parents soon.

Seeing our baby via ultrasound for the first time.
Ultra magical.   There she was so tiny yet already almost complete.  She seemed to be happily moving her arms and feet like a champion swimmer.  We were just overwhelmed by this wonderful site.  I didn't want it to end and I wanted to bring home the machine to do the ultrasound at home everyday and just stare at my baby....  Here's a link to the blog I wrote about it.

Feeling baby's first kick (just me)
This moment sent my heart to palpitate like I've had 5 cups of espresso in one go.  I was sent to plain euphoria.  My baby's communicating with me.  She's telling me she's there and she's doing good.  How can this not be one of the top 7 wonders of pregnancy...  Here's a link to the blog I wrote about it.

Hubby feeling the baby's kick for the first time.
This might be just the same as the previous one but for me it's another wonderful moment in my pregnancy.   Hubby was not able to feel baby's kick until after a month I started feeling our baby's movement.  So when he finally did, it was definitely a moment I'd never forget.  It's something that has bonded the three of us even more as a family.  It was a very beautiful moment.  Hubby's reaction is so classic, sent me to laugh my heart out.  Here's a link to the blog I wrote about it.

Holding her in my arms for the first time.
What can I say.  This tops everything else.  After 41 weeks, she's finally here with us.  I can already touch her, smell her, talk to her, see her smile after each satisfying breastfeeding session, sing to her, spend late nights with her, hear her cry in different decibels... she's simply wonderful.  Heaven sent.  Our very own star.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...