Friday, May 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies for Friday!

It's Friday and I am craving for something sweet and... healthy :)  Little Spanish Pinay loves oatmeal in the morning so I thought she'll probably love oatmeal cookies even more.  So I checked for an easy recipe in the internet and found this recipe by Martha Stewart.  I don't like raisins so I just substituted it with chocolate chips.  Also, I used a powdered vanilla extract (I can't find liquid vanilla extract here) and it just turned out fine.  I'm beginning to think that baking is not an exact science and that you don't have to always follow the recipe to to the last comma... then again it pays to be prudent in terms of following the recipe :-D


 I love the smell of something baking in the kitchen

As usual, being new in the world of baking, I've had my boo boos.  I forgot to add the chocolate chips so I had to open the oven in the middle of baking and put the chocolate chips on top of each of the cookies... then I put 3 trays with 6 cookies in each trays... I gave them too much space between each other so I had to use 3 trays... bad... the cookies on the lowest rack got a bit burnt. So lesson? Hmmm maybe just do by batch or take the out the cookies that are at the bottom rack probably 3 minutes less than the others...

Cooled down chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

Inspite of these boo boos, they turned out really yummy.  Hubby couldn't stop praising the cookies and Little Spanish Pinay couldn't stop walking around the house excitedly while she munches on her cookie on hand. 

An entry for

7 comments:

  1. yum yum! makes me want to try baking one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love chocolate chip oatmeal cookies! thanks for the follow. following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got this!!!


    http://www.mominrome.com/?p=370

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make some of these now.They look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola!!! Soy Bea, de El Rincón de Bea, muchas gracias por tu comentario en mi blog. Todas las recetas que hago las puedes adaptar a una batidora amasadora como est http://www.moulinex.es/productos/batidoras-amasadoras/easy-max-compact.aspx

    Por cierto, que curioso, mi madre esta ahora pasando las vacaciones entre Ferrol, y Coruña.... hoy han estado todo el día en Doniños y dice que les ha caido una tormenta espectacular, jajja

    Un beso

    Bea

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...