Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Third Blog Award

Can you believe that? I can't! I just got another blog award from another mama blogger MomInRome.  Here ya go:


I am more than thrilled and grateful! The moment I read MomInRome's comment on one of my entries, I yelled the news to hubby who was equally happy :-D.

Ok, so on to the meat of this award...  as any other award, it comes with a very nice and pleasant baggage :)  List 7 things about me and then pass it on to 15 other bloggers!... Whew, 15... it'll be interesting so let's start off.

7 things about Spanish Pinay
  • Here in Spain rabbit (not the kind that people normally have as pets at home) is a common food and I just can't myself eat it just yet.  Although as I've mentioned, it is not the kind of rabbit that we are used to having as a pet at home, I still can't shake it off from my head that it could be the poor rabbit I so wanted to have as a pet when I was young.
  • I learned to ride a bike on my own (when I was about 9 yrs old) borrowing someone else's bike without brakes!
  • When I was young, I used to jump from my room's window to the neighbor's window and then get out through their door to escape nap time. 
  • I hate repeating myself.  When someone didn't understand what I was saying or was not paying attention and would ask me to repeat what I just said, it drives me batty! - not the best quality, I know.
  • I feared baking.  Not anymore. I was so intimidated by the fact that one has to follow the recipe down to the last comma that I never tried it until the time for my Little Spanish Pinay's first birthday came and I couldn't find any pastry house around our area that will make a fondant cake for LSP.  So I dared make one myself.  Talk about conquering fear :)
my obra maestra


  • When I was young (really young) I wanted to be a manicurist/pedicurist... then I also wanted to become a construction worker as mixing cement (and the sound that it makes) fascinated me.
  • In general, I am a dare-devil when it comes to food. I've tried eating fried insects when I was Thailand! First and never again though!

Now, to pass this on to 15 more bloggers....

W0rkingAtHome
Icing & Crumbs
Mamas Todoterreno
My So-called world
Michi Photostory
My Little Home
The Mommy Journey
Choose Happiness
The Tottering Mama
Struggling Wife & Momma
Witchy Crazy Mommy
Chubby Mommy Me
Of Rice and Ramen
Mama Wants This
Jared's Little Corner
The EMT Mommy
One Proud Momma
Pinay Mommy Online
Green Minded Mom Blog
WAHMaholic
Pinay Mom Blogs!
Brown Pinay

Ok, I may have gone a bit overboard... but you guys, I can't help it.  I just have tons of awesome blogs in my list!

Time to spread the good news to these awardees!

14 comments:

  1. Hah!you're awesome! escaping nap time?hate repeating what I just said? I think I just saw myself on you..lols..nice entry you got here..^^
    Congrats for that versatile award too!^^
    WordsAndPen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You ate fried insects???? I'm not sure I could do it! Brave lady! Were you ever able to work the Google Friend Connect? I think it's back and running.
    http://homesandbabies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cake looks good and yummy! i also hate repeating myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Andy!

    NotYOurOrdinaryAgent, I am now able to successfully follow you through GFC but can't leave a comment! :-O You gotta check on your blog... people might want to leave comment but couldn't.

    Michelle, so did you notice you're on the list? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, thank you for the award!
    that cake looks so good, i bet it tastes good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girl for this award :) Your cake is not bad at all salute you for that because i don't know how to bake :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. you rock! :D

    thanks for sharing this award with me and it is great to know more about you.. i will post this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! my post is up!
    http://www.mommyjourney.com/2011/06/versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake looks so good. I wish I could do the same thing for my baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thanks for the award! That cake does not look like it was baked by someone who feared baking. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the award:)

    Your cake looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, thank you so much for this sis, another award to place on my sidebar, yay!i also hated nap time when i was a little girl, although i didn't go to the extent of jumping onto the neighbors window to escape...love your fondant cake, by the way, it is so lovely! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the well-deserved award!! Your blog rocks!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...