Thursday, May 5, 2011

Piping Fail

The last time I baked red and green velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, I had too many cream cheese frosting left over so I decided to do another batch of cupcakes yesterday.  But at the time I was already piping the cream cheese frosting down to the cupcakes, I had the major epic fail.

There goes the cupcakes few minutes away from getting out from the oven.
And there goes my little spanish pinay wondering around the kitchen LOL

I'll talk about the epic fail later on.  This time I used a different molder.  The molders are really for cupcakes and they are indifvidual - not a in a tray form. I loved the result!

Aren't they look lovely?

When I was mixing the batter, I thought I might have done something wrong since it looks like the batter is kind of thicker than the 2 previous times I made cupcakes.  I also thought that with these individual molders, I can make a little bit more than 12 cupcakes as they seem to be smaller than the previous ones I did (I was using muffin molders)... then again I was wrong on both.  The batter turned out to be just fine after baking AND I was only able to do exactly 12 cupcakes.

A close up look

They taste as good as they look, I promise :)   I love the way they look fluffy but crispy on top.  I think by now, I am already getting the hang of doing cupcakes.  And it's driving me nuts not to bake more cupcakes.  This is addicting I tell you.  But I can't just make 12 cupcakes everyday otherwise, hubby and I will grow triple our size in no time.

Cupcake after digging a hole

Last time I said I dug a hole on the cupcakes to put more cream cheese frosting inside as I want my frosting to last up to the last bite of the cupcake.  Here is how it looked like after digging the hole using this thing that removes the center of an apple ::I still don't know how it is called in English, for Pete's sake!::

So here's a picture of descorazonador - this little thing that removes the center part of the apple

And here it is in action

Now, what was the epic fail you say?  Here you go in visual:

The price you get for cheap piping bag from the Chinese store. Drat.

But I am still not buying one of those fancy, pricey ones since I have just started on baking and piping and making cupcakes and I don't think I'll be doing this very frequently.  So we'll see.  Definitely not buying those dirt cheap piping bags from the Chinese store again.

Cupcakes with fondant

Here are the final cupcakes after buying a better (still cheap) piping bag :)

By the way, I tried to decorate 2 cupcakes with fondant.  It was fun but I stopped with 2... as it takes a lot of my precious time :-D Probably some time when Little Spanish Pinay is already bigger and I am not working full time anymore I'll dedicate myself to designing cupcakes with fondant.. maybe... just maybe...

Moooo

And I just have to put this uber cute photo of my Little Spanish Pinay.  I asked her what does the cow say and she said moooooooo.  She's so darn cute.  The cutest cupcake!

13 comments:

  1. These look yummy. Following you back from the Wednesday Blog Hop.

    http://www.jandamom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow! Stopping by to share the love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Malaysia!

    Thank you for following my blog and I'm here to return the favor. Looking forward to seeing you back in my blog sometime!

    Btw, this post reminds me that I really need to replace my oven (broke down a few weeks ago ;(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes looks so yummy. Makes me wish I can bake. Hay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following from The Thursday Hop.
    Have a great day!
    POSH
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/05/happy-thursday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious!! Thank you for swinging by 2 Against 1 , if you haven't yet, be sure to stop by and link up to the TGIF blog hop (Friday). Following Back Now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am now following you back. I make epic fails just about every time I bake. I think that is what keeps me baking though. To fix my last mistake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, yum .. Inggit don't know how to bake hehe. I;m not sure if i already following this blog. I tried to follow but always gives me an error.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. Bech! you too can bake... trust me. I thought I couldn't either but then I just had to try it and slowly, I am learning :)

    Our Crazy Bunch - thanks for following back :) That was funny... you bake to fix the mistake from previous baking..then another mistake comes up so you'd bake again! That's a good way to inspire one to bake more :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, workingAtHome - what kind of error are you getting? Let me know, I probably can help :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cupcakes look yummy! Following you from the TGIF blog hop, look forward to your future posts!
    You can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sis, your cupcakes really look good. And it's so nice that you make extra space for the fillings :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to read them! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...